As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment.
If your item is on back-order or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
Our orders ship directly from the the manufacturer who makes the product and we do keep the site updated on lead times and potential back-order items. If for some reason AFTER you place the order the item(s) are not available or back-ordered we will reach out and let you know immediately and you will not be charged unless you give us the OK to do so.
Our in-stock orders should take about 7–14 business days to reach a customer. Any custom orders will take approximately 6–8 weeks. Direct shipments are made to continental US locations only. Currently we are only shipping to locations in the United States. If you need a special shipping arrangement please contact us at (800) 903-0941 to work out the details before you make the purchase.
We also offer FREE shipping on all orders regardless of price.
How We Handle Shipping
We reserve the right to choose which freight provider carries your shipment. We don’t, however, control the shipping companies themselves (whether it’s a standard courier or a freight carrier — more on that last one in a minute). Once a shipment is in the hands of the delivery company, we can’t change shipping addresses or arrange for delivery to happen on a certain day. We can provide approximate delivery times, but that’s only based upon the information the delivery company makes available to us. That being said, we’re still standing by at (800) 903-0941 to help in the event there’s an issue with your delivery.
Must-Know Information for Delivery of Large Packages
While UPS and FedEx are our carriers for smaller items, be aware that larger items and orders are shipped via freight. The freight process is much more complicated than what we’ve all come to expect for small parcels, so it’s important that you’re prepared and understand what’s required of you well before delivery day. Freight delivery differs from standard parcel shipping in the following ways:
- You’ll receive a call from the freight carrier to schedule a delivery window
- You must be physically present at the delivery site during the scheduled time
- Freight deliveries are made from semi-trucks with lift gate services
- Freight shipments are dropped off at the curb— not the backyard, not the porch, not the garage, and not up the driveway — meaning you’re responsible for transporting it to its intended location
- You should plan to have at least 2 helpers on standby to assist you with your delivery
- You’re required to sign for the shipment upon accepting the delivery
It’s worth reiterating: all freight shipments, unless specifically denoted, are delivered no further than the curbside, and all freight shipments require a signature at the time of delivery. If you authorize the shipping company to leave the delivery without a signature, Outdoor Kitchen Connection can’t be held responsible for damages that occur during delivery. As complicated as this process may seem, we’ve only scratched the surface here — please review our detailed guide to freight delivery so there are no surprises when a freight shipment heads your way.
Shipping to Remote Areas
Be aware that remote or hard-to-reach areas may incur additional shipping fees, and this applies to free shipping as well as regular shipping orders. If your order is being shipped to a location with known shipping restrictions, a customer service representative will promptly contact you to notify you of any additional charges.
That being said, we don’t always know if your area is remote or will make freight delivery difficult. If you anticipate that a shipping company will have issues reaching your residence, it’s your responsibility to inform us of those issues at the time of purchase. Such problems include but are not limited to: narrow or winding roads, dirt or gravel roads, and vacant establishments. Outdoor Kitchen Connection is not responsible for shipping costs on merchandise not delivered because of a shipping company's inability to reach a particular location. Additionally, in-home delivery is neither implied nor offered without additional charge, and isn’t necessarily available even if you’re willing to pay more for it.
Shipping to APO/FPO Addresses
We do ship to APO/FPO addresses, but such shipments are subject to USPS size, weight, and content restrictions. If we can’t send a package to your APO/FPO address, we’ll contact you to work out an alternative. Likewise, APO/FPO shipments may be subject to additional shipping fees — if such a case arises, we’ll contact you to notify you of the fees and give you a chance to adjust your shipping address if desired.
Incorrect Addresses & Failed Freight Deliveries
If any item is shipped and returned because it’s not deliverable on account of an incorrect address, you’ll be responsible for shipping both ways. If an item shipped via freight is returned because the freight company couldn’t reach your residence, this will be considered a return, and the order will be subject to our regular return policies.
Over 99% of deliveries have no external or internal damage, and are signed for without a problem. For your protection, we ask that you please inspect your packages following these guidelines:
IMPORTANT - you have 48 hours to call us to report delivery damage
- If your shipment arrives through a typical delivery service such as UPS or FedEx, you have 48 hours to call us to report the damage.
- If you authorize the freight company to leave freight without a signature, Outdoorkitchenconnection.com cannot be held liable for any damages or missing pieces. Leaving a note is the same as signing for your products in good condition
Following these steps will greatly increase the "ease" of the large item delivery process. Always feel free to call if you have any questions or concerns regarding delivery inspection.
Step 1. Upon delivery, ensure that the pallet/piece count on the delivery receipt matches the number of pallets/pieces you receive. If a pallet(s) or piece(s) is missing:
- Note this on the delivery receipt before you sign. Example: “Received 4 of 5 pieces”
- Call us immediately to let us know you are missing pallets/pieces. We will coordinate with the shipping company to locate the missing pallets/pieces or replace them.
Step 2. Inspect the packaging for external damage. If you notice exterior damage:
- Open the box and inspect for concealed damage before signing the delivery receipt. If you notice external damage and the delivery driver will not allow you inspect the inside of the package or the driver will not let you note “damaged” on the delivery receipt, call us immediately. If you are unable to reach us, you should refuse the shipment. Doing this will not invalidate your order and we will still work diligently to get your order to you in good condition as quickly as possible.
- Note any damages to the packaging or products on the delivery receipt by specifically writing the word “Damaged” before signing.
**IMPORTANT - Signing your delivery receipt without noting any damages legally states that you have received your freight in good condition.
Step 3. If there is no visible external damage, sign for your freight.
Step 4. Please inspect your items for concealed damage after the driver has left.
IMPORTANT - You have 48 hours to call us to report delivery damage
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrived damaged, please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
In the rare instance that you receive a defective product, most of the manufacturers we carry have great processes to assist so you should check your manual for details.
If you are advised to contact us, our knowledgeable Support team will guide you through the manufacturer’s warranty process. Please be aware of the following information we need and how the process normally proceeds:
- The defective item must still be within the manufacturer’s warranty period.
- You will need to supply any serial numbers, a description of issue, and any pictures or video depicting the issue.
- Outdoor Kitchen Connection will help you troubleshoot to verify it is a defect.
- We report this to the manufacturer to begin the claim.
- The manufacturer will review the claim, and then they will approve or reject it.
- The time for the manufacturer to respond may vary depending on the manufacturer’s internal processes.
- If approved, the warranty process begins and service, parts, repair or any combination of those as needed, will be provided in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Some parts or items may need to be returned to the manufacturer for quality control. We will advise you of this.
- Outdoor Kitchen Connection is not responsible for reimbursement of any labor costs or project delays that may occur due to the receipt of defective goods. We recommend that you wait to schedule installation until after your order has arrived and items have been fully inspected.
- All shipments should be opened and inspected within 48 hours of delivery in accordance with our Delivery Inspection policy. It is recommended that you check for visible defect at this time as well as damage to prevent any delays with getting to use your item(s).
If your item has a defect outside of the warranty period:
- We will not be able to facilitate a claim to the manufacturer.
- Any replacement parts or whole units at this point can be purchased by you through Outdoor Kitchen Connection. Contact us for pricing and availability.
- Parts or whole replacement units may not be available for discontinued items.
If you receive a damaged item, you must notify us within five (5) business days of delivery. Open and inspect all items upon delivery. If you are not installing your product right away, you will still need to open and inspect everything for damage.
Damage reported within 5 business days of delivery:
- Refuse the item with the carrier if you’re able to do so.
- If you accept the item, report damage to us (after inspecting box and inner items/contents) within 5 business days. Call 1-800-903-0941.
- We will then offer parts, a discount to keep as is, or allow a return for refund/replacement.
- Item can NOT be used in any way.
- If you choose to keep the item for a discount, you have 5 business days to reply to accept or reject the discount offer from us (again, do not use your item during this time until final offer/resolution is agreed upon).
- Keep all of the packaging, the box and all items/pieces, in the event the item needs to return to us.
Damage reported after 5 business days:
- No refunds, store credits, or free parts will be offered or issued. This is non-negotiable. We will only be able to sell you replacement parts for a repair.
- This is outside of our time frame to file any claims with the carrier or manufacturer/shipping warehouse.
- Since no return will be approved during this time, you are free to use the item, if you wish.
- We may require pictures of the item to determine the parts potentially needed.